Making Money with Amazon: It’s no secret that Amazon is expanding opportunities for pioneer and indie writers on ebooks. But Amazon is also a leader in online affiliate marketing.
In 1996, Amazon became a small online book retailer from Jeff Bezos Garage. With a limited marketing budget, Amazon decided to increase readers’ love for books.
Instead of allocating initial money to buy ads, Amazon gave people a commission and gave scope for Making Money with Amazon, when they suggested buying customers for Amazon.
Amazon affiliate program rules and requirements
Being an Amazon Associate is a great way to monetize passion projects or earn affiliate revenue from your brand.
However, Amazon has guidelines for associates to follow, so it’s a good idea to understand who you are before you dive. May be banned from the program due to incompatibility.
Majority rules are in place for ethical promotion as well as to prevent associates from gaming the system.
Here are some important points to keep in mind:
- You must disclose on your website or in your communication that you are entitled to earn from.
- You should not make false or deceptive claims in your recommendations.
- Avoid quoting prices as prices change frequently (with a few exceptions).
- Do not use Amazon affiliate links in offline promotions like ebooks, or emails.
- Do not use link shortcuts in affiliate links.
This commission is paid after the customer has made a purchase, eliminating the upfront purchase costs.
When the Amazon Associates program was launched in 1998, there were no easy, affordable ways for emerging Internet entrepreneurs to make money online and so Making Money with Amazon. Amazon’s affiliate program changed that.
As an Amazon affiliate you need to sell a ton of books to earn any significant revenue.
Also Read: Homemade Water Distiller DIY in an Easy Way at Home
Fortunately, as Amazon expanded its product range, the ability to generate revenue from Amazon became easier.
Amazon still has a very low payout compared to other affiliate programs (1% to 10%, depending on the product), but with the vast product range, huge customer base and reliability, the odds are you can find anything to promote and make money.
Like any other home-based money-making scheme, earning revenue with Amazon requires research, work and marketing. Here are some tips to enhance the Amazon Associates program.
The Pros of Becoming an Amazon Affiliate
There are several great reasons to join the Amazon Associates program:
- Amazon is the most popular, well-known name that people use and trust every day.
- It is free to join.
- Traffic: There are no traffic restrictions or other criteria that you must accept into the program.
- Promote: There are tons and tons of products you can promote.
- There are many tools on Amazon to help you sell specific items or categories of goods.
- Reporting: It has a good reporting system so you know what clicks are coming in and what you are selling.
- Bank: You can receive direct deposit payments into your bank account.
- Customer Service: Amazon provides good customer service to its buyers, so you run the risk of going insane if your visitors have a problem with the product.
- Visitor: If your visitor does not buy the product you suggested, you earn a commission if they buy anything during that visit.
Cons of the Amazon Associates Program
Nothing is ever perfect, including the Amazon affiliate program. Here are some disadvantages:
- The commission rate is very low compared to other affiliate programs, ranging from 1% to 10% depending on the item. It offers a flat rate for bounty programs such as $ 15 for business account sign-ups, $ 3 for prime referrals and $ 5 for audible referrals.
- Their cookies last only 24 hours. This means that if your referral is not purchased within 24 hours, you will not receive credit. (However, if the product is added to their cart, the cookie will last 89 days.)
- Amazon You are not allowed to send Amazon affiliate links in emails. It includes blog posts that are sent by email. Since email is an excellent way to send great offers to your readers, this rule is especially frustrating.
- If the site and Amazon US. If you promote products in the store, you will not receive credit for referring to a person who buys the product from outside the country (i.e. Amazon UK).
- Options Payment Options Direct Deposit, Check, or Amazon Gift Card only. PayPal is not an option.
Ways to promote your Amazon affiliate links
Here are some ways in which you can promote your Amazon links:
Blogging is the most common way for affiliates to make money with the Amazon Associates program. Some bloggers have a simple topic site and use a variety of affiliate programs and other monetization options.
Other bloggers have a niche site, nullifying the selected products that the site covers.
You can use social media to share your blog content with affiliate links or you can share your affiliate links directly. Note, when you post to be transparent you need to indicate that the link is an affiliate link and not to annoy your followers. People do not like to sell from time to time, so posting affiliate links should be divided into affiliate and unsold posts.
You can provide the same kind of content in a video as reviews on a blog. The purpose of the video to earn revenue is that you can give tutorials, tours and other visual content that will help potential buyers decide whether or not to buy the goods.
Add Amazon offers to your current business
You can promote Amazon products as part of your other business offerings to create additional revenue streams. Even if you sell a product or service, the products and service that your customers and clients can benefit from Amazon.
What does it mean to add to the cart for the Amazon affiliate program?
Adding a product to your user cart from the Amazon Marketplace will add an extra 89 days to your cookie length.
If a customer purchases your product within 90 days, you will receive a commission on it.
Most Amazon cookies last only 24 hours. If your customer does not make a purchase within a day after clicking on your affiliate product link you will be left with nothing.
If you add a product to your visitor’s cart, you’re only 90 days old. It can be a little aggressive, but worth a try on your site.